Have you already paid annually for your hosting ?
Here’s the deal: Purchase a StackZoid hosting plan on annual payment terms and we will provide service credits for the full amount of the remaining term of your current hosting plan. Must be active with the current provider for at least 2 months.
Example : You signed up at another provider 4 months ago for one year. Order one of our annual hosting plan and we will host you during 20 months instead of 12!
How DO we get our servers so fast?
- Quality hardware providers – fast machines, fast drives, abundant memory, low latency networks.
- Proven performance stacks – industry-leading web servers with all the fancy features. Our stack is optimized for performance, not resource-efficiency!
- Expert configurations – precisely tuned for applications, databases, and heavy load.
- Low server density – our servers are loaded very light, not crazy packed. Mid-day CPU loads around 25%.
- Relaxed restrictions – relatively uncaged environments. More maintenance for us but better performance for you.
- Of course, there’s secret sauce—we can’t tell you everything we’re doing! 😉
That’s pretty much all there is to it. Expert configurations, generous resource allotments, and no cutting corners! Other hosts use slower machines, slower drives, overload their servers, and set tighter restrictions. We’re very proud of our performance and love surprising our customers.
We strive for as close to 100% uptime as possible. We’ve even had entire years go by without a single downtime. Honestly, it’s not that hard. We pick the most reliable hardware vendors in the industry and take great care in maintaining our servers. All changes and updates carefully logged, no rogue patching or risky updates in the middle of the business day!
Don’t get us wrong. Downtimes can (and do) happen. The difference is being proactive about it and staying transparent with our clients. We choose the best vendors, don’t overcrowd the server, and do our maintenance carefully. Any downtimes or issues will be noted on our blog! We promise not to ghost on your tickets only to respond 2 days later with, “Everything fixed now. Try again.” We can’t sleep either when our servers are down.
The only 4 downtime scenarios you’ll ever see from us:
- Routine maintenance – typical server maintenance occurring weekly or monthly with no downtimes at all! Usually done around late Friday night or early Saturday/Sunday morning. Major security flaws are patched immediately. (Expected downtime: usually unnoticeable or up to a few minutes.)
- Hardware update – only happens every 3 to 5 years, servers are taken down for about 15 minutes while being upgraded to new hardware. We’ll notify you in advanced and try to do it during low-traffic hours. In most cases, you won’t even notice.
- Hard drive failure – hard drives do fail sometimes (very rare). Not to worry, our physical machines have RAID setup and no information is ever lost. The system may be down for as much as 45 minutes while the hard drive is replaced.
- Datacenter power outage – unfortunate industry event that happens once every 5 years or so. It happens to even the biggest companies (Amazon, Facebook, etc). (Expected downtime: the very last one was about 45 minutes. The previous one was 10 years ago and about 2 hours.)
True website security is best done from the server! We follow standard security protocols and harden every layer. Encryption, firewalls, IP bans, we check all that. You can sleep in peace knowing we care just as much about security as you do.
- We run only updated software/modules. (No abandoned legacy junk!)
- Security patches are done on time.
- Servers are constantly monitored for attacks and quickly dealt with.
- We don’t allow hack magnets on our servers.
The last layer of security lies within you! Your software needs to stay updated so as not to allow any vulnerabilities. Your passwords should be reasonably difficult to guess. Basic common sense. If we see any potential issues with your sites, we’ll bark at you.
Everyone hates getting unhelpful support. We hate it too, and won’t insult you with level 1 “script-readers”. All support responses from us will be from someone who knows what’s going on.
Say goodbye to robotic auto-responses and low-quality answers. Our team of technical WordPress experts aren’t just here to clear out a queue, they’re here to support you, your sites, and your business.
All our clients are awesome, friendly, responsible business-owners! We vet new accounts meticulously. No noisy tenants, resource hogs, spammers, illegal sites/activity, or hack magnets. No trouble-makers of any kind are allowed on our servers.
Things we don’t allow (but not excluded to):
- Resource hogs – heavy/poorly-coded plugins eating up CPU resources without any throttling.
- Spammers – sending out illegal emails or unwanted advertisements, and potentially getting our IP’s blacklisted.
- Hack magnets – anybody engaging in cyber-trolling or ego-battles with other techies. We are not here to fight your DDOS battles for you.
- Illegal activity – please don’t make us spell out all the nasties. (Illegal X-rated material, storing/distributing copyrighted material, illegal betting/gambling, sites promoting hate or unlawful/immoral behaviors, etc.)
We can host you (almost) everywhere! All the datacenters we use have been choosed for their network, security and uptime performance : USA, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa…
Contract Buyout Special
Have you already paid annually for your hosting ?
Here’s the deal: Purchase a StackZoid hosting plan on annual payment terms and we will provide service credits for the full amount for the remaining term of your current hosting plan. Must be active with the current provider for at least 2 months.